Shaheed A. Smith Geospatial, LLC (SAS) is a full-service Land Surveying and Geospatial firm that provides professional services for private and public sectors throughout the greater Philadelphia, State College, and New Jersey regions and beyond. SAS offers professional services in the fields of Land Surveying, Drone Imagery, 3D Laser Scanning and Subsurface Utility Locating services to our clients. SAS is committed to the collection and delivery of accurate data. This gives our clients the benefit of a one-stop solution for all their comprehensive surveying and mapping needs.
In 2023, the firm made The Philadelphia100® for the third consecutive year. This award is given by The Entrepreneurs’ Forum of Greater Philadelphia, and identifies and honors the 100 fastest growing, privately held entrepreneurial companies in the greater Philadelphia Region.
WE ARE SEEKING A CONTROLLER TO BE BASED OUT OF OUR WARRINGTON, PA OFFICE
As the Controller, you will collaborate and serve as financial advisor guiding our Executive Team with strategic planning, forecasting, and supporting company growth. This position will oversee all accounting and financial activities while embracing our CORE Values which include integrity, innovation, and focus. Great opportunity for career advancement with a solid and rapidly growing company.
- Catalyst for optimizing financial performance.
- Develop and implement short-and long-term financial strategies and procedures aligned with our company’s goals.
- Analyze data and financial trends, identify financial opportunities and cost-cutting measures.
- Manage the general ledger, and month-end and year-end closings.
- Track and maximize cash flow, manage the budget, and perform forecasting.
- Meet with Executive Team to report company’s financial performance and projections.
- Work with Project Managers to estimate project costs and track allocation of funds.
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, and bank reconciliation activities.
- Point of contact for external accounting firm. Monitor the firm’s tax return preparation, payroll runs, and annual audits. Lead quarterly accounting review meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- 5-7 plus years accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant a plus
- Excellent financial analysis and time-management skills
Short Term/Long Term/ Life Insurance
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
SAS believes in investing in its employees by offering many opportunities for learning and professional growth. Our core values of PASSION and INNOVATION are fostered by our commitment to continuous education and training.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES
SAS will help with the cost of acquiring a professional license or professional certification.
SAS will recognize exceptional individual contributions to the company.
The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.