WE ARE SEEKING A PARTY CHIEF TO BE BASED OUT OF OUR WARRINGTON, PA OFFICE
The Party Chief assists Project Surveyors by performing the field work in order to prepare deliverables including but not limited to: Boundary Surveys, Topographic Surveys, ALTA Surveys, ROW Surveys, Parcel Plats, Subdivision Plats, Control Surveys, Legal Descriptions and Exhibits, and reports. The successful candidate will possess the ability to collect field data and understand and perform such survey computations as necessary to provide quality control of drawings prepared by the candidate as well as other similar drawings prepared by others, as assigned.
- Perform assigned tasks with minimal oversight as well as interacting with clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Be adaptable to emerging technologies.
- Must be “team minded” with the ability to take direction from others and adapt to our standards and procedures.
- Must execute work as directed and meeting project goals
- Must meet company and client standards
- Prepare company required paperwork daily
- Participate in and or lead safety discussions and briefings
- Will work in the field on control, boundary, right-of-way, topographic and construction surveys, as Party Chief of a one, two or three-person field crew in urban and remote areas
- Performs related mathematical calculations and checking of mapping data.
- May also perform some other incidental office duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION | EXPERIENCE
- A high school education or equivalent is required including a background in math and geometry.
- AS or BS Degree in Surveying and Mapping highly desired.
- LSIT or PLS Certification desirable
- 3D scanning experience desirable
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D a plus
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of field/office surveying methods
- Ability to perform construction surveying calculations
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must be able to pass background check and drug tests
- Ability to take direction from others
- Ability to work in field on 1- or 2-man crew and use field survey equipment
- Must be proficient in the use of total stations, GPS Receivers and data collectors, including Topcon
- Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying instruments and calculators
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of plans and specifications
- Demonstrate knowledge of sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision
- Proficiency with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel are highly desired
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and oral communication skills
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirement